Local Pavement Milling Specialists
Asphalt Milling Berkeley Heights
No road, bridge or parking lot lasts forever. Over time, pavement can become distressed and uneven, often as a result of high traffic, rough weather and vehicle accidents. Asphalt milling is a cost effective and environmentally safe option for asphalt maintenance and repair.
O'Donovan & Sons Paving & Masonry offers a range of top-quality and cost effective asphalt milling services across Berkeley Heights and the surrounding areas. We are committed to consistently delivering a high standard of quality and professionalism and have over 30 years of experience in pavement milling, recycling asphalt and improving roads and parking lots.
Ready to start your journey with us?
Get a free quote today.
Professional Milling contractors
What is Asphalt Milling in Berkeley Heights NJ 7069?
Asphalt milling is the controlled removal of a predetermined depth of material to adjust the pavement’s profile, make repairs to the pavement or its foundation, or correct issues with slope, drainage or height. Our state of the art milling machines can be set to remove just a few millimeters of pavement or to remove all layers of pavement.
Milling machines grind layers of bad asphalt and recycle the waste (asphalt millings) as aggregate in reclaimed asphalt pavement (RAP) which is then used to level and surface roads and parking lots. Compared to asphalt removal, milling saves money by removing only the layers that require replacement. Asphalt millings are also 100% recyclable and can help reduce the cost and environmental impact of additional asphalt services.
What Are the Common Reasons for Milling an Asphalt Pavement?
Whether your project involves a business parking lot or a public street, improving the surface for driving for less money and with less harm to the environment is the best way to go. Asphalt milling can be used for a range of purposes including:
- Transitions – When two pavements meet, there is often a height difference between them. Milling can refine these areas so that there is a smooth transition from one pavement to the other.
- Overlays – Milling is often used to prepare an existing pavement for the installation of an asphalt overlay. Milling around the edges and near manhole covers or other features can keep curbs, gutters, drains and other fixtures at the correct height in relation to the pavement.
- Repairs – Milling is a quick and cost effective way to remove existing pavement to repair the foundation or prepare for an asphalt patch. Milling can also be used to repair surface imperfections including uneven areas, stains and some types of ruts.
- Drainage – Many drainage issues can be addressed by milling the pavement to alter its profile. This can help ensure that water flows from the pavement into the gutters or drains quickly and efficiently
Asphalt milling results in less disruption to traffic, your customers and your business than using traditional methods. It takes less time and the area can be reopened almost immediately after the milling is performed. Asphalt milling speeds construction, minimising disruption to the public and it provides a safer, smoother road or parking lot surface.
Specialist Milling Company
Why choose O'Donovan & Sons Paving & Masonry for your asphalt milling in Berkeley Heights?
Our Berkeley Heights clients benefit from a skilled workforce with a track record of integrity and professionalism and all our asphalt milling and pavement repair services are of high quality and cost effective.
With our commitment to quality and reliability, competitive prices, and guarantees, we remain the preferred asphalt milling contractors in Berkeley Heights.
You can rely on our expertise and professionalism when it comes to quality pavement milling solutions.
- Qualified and experienced staff
- All work guaranteed
- No call out charges
- Competitive local pricing
- Free site surveys
- No obligation quotations
- Fully licensed and registered local company
- Reliable, trusted, and friendly staff
- Installation, maintenance, and repairs
100% Work Guaranteed
All our asphalt, masonry and paving works are long-lasting and fully guaranteed. This is to give you a peace of mind so you can relax knowing your driveway and patios are covered for years to come.
Professional paving and masonry contractors
See what our Berkeley Heights customers are saying
FAQs for Asphalt Milling
Want to Know More?
Get in touch with us via this form and we'll get back to you regarding your asphalt & masonry enquiry.
"*" indicates required fields
Looking for a service other than Milling in Berkeley Heights NJ 7069?
We provide a whole range of paving and masonry options for our Berkeley Heights clients: